We have passed the mid year point and whew! 2020 has been crazy and challenging!
I wanted to check in. How are you doing? I mean, how are you really doing? How are you feeling mentally? Are you growing? Are you helping others or grow? What has 2020 taught you so far? Are you learning anything new? Are you supporting others?
With a year like this, it is important to love and hold one another close.
If I am being honest, this year has drained me more than I could have imagined. I never thought that a year would challenge me more than 2019 because last spring, I was going through this awful storm trying to calm those brutal waves on my own.
Obviously not being able to travel has been a sore subject for me this year. I have had to figure out other ways of self care for myself. That being said, I am honing back into my creative juices of making different art and designing dope items for people. I made a beautiful art piece for my friends as they bought their new home and I made pretty tabs to add to my Bible.
Things have slowly but surely been going back to a good place for me.
I lost my way with reading my Bible for a bit, but I found the best way to comprehend and enjoy the word is through journaling and oh man, it is amazing! I am so proud of what I am learning and how I am able to share the gospel with others plus being able to fill my Bible with exciting art, doodles, and helpful notes is quite rewarding.
Mid-way through the year (or slightly past) is a good time to do a self evaluation and check in with yourself.
I am an avid supporter of self care and self love. And if I can encourage you in any way then I would tell you this:
- Focus on yourself and do not be afraid to say no 🙂
- A lot of times we link the word “no” with being selfish, but remember that if something is exhausting, does not bring joy, or uplift you then turn it down
- Do not be too critical or hard on yourself; we are all human and almost anything we mess up is salvageable
- This is a lot easier said than done because we are our own critic, but start trying to treat yourself the way you see/treat your best friend or your pet
- Surround yourself with a powerful tribe
- This goes without saying; have people in your life that reciprocate similar values, beliefs, treat you well, and love on you ❤
- Speak positivity and affirmations over your life and bring those planted seeds to fruition
- Take time to unplug even if only for thirty minutes a day (start wherever you can)
- Give yourself a break from time to time
- Eat well and take care of your body (this is still a work in progress for me :P)
Is what you are saying and doing bringing you joy? Is what you are saying and doing bringing you life? Is what you are saying and doing bringing you peace?
“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” 2 Thessalonians 3:16, NIV
If you answered no to any of the questions, then you need to evaluate, adjust, and make the necessary changes. It is always a good time to check in.
In His Love,